History of the Four Hills Tournament
After the Second World War, German ski jumpers were forbidden from competing abroad by the FIS. Be that as it may, the Innsbruck jumpers invited their comrades from the Partenkirchen Ski Club (SCP) to ski jump at the Innsbruck Seegrube - the Bergisel Jump was still in ruins. After the German Ski Association (DSV) was reinstated within FIS, SCP organised its traditional New Year's ski jumping on January 1st, 1949. During the night ski jumping on 17th May 1952 at Seegrube, the organisational plan for the "German-Austrian Ski Jumping Tournament" was presented. It was a foregone conclusion from the very start that the three venues of Partenkirchen, Innsbruck and Bischofshofen would take part in the tournament. For equality reasons, the SCP was commissioned to find a second German partner venue. Berchtesgaden, Füssen and Oberammergau were considered. However, because audience catchment areas were the same as those of the founder clubs, they decided not to use these locations, which is how the collaboration with Ski-Club Oberstdorf came about.